Monday, January 23, 2012

It's been way too long!!!

ok - So seriously?? July 28, 2011 was my last post on this blog??? Ok, I even admit that is just SAD!!! OMG!

Well, I guess you can guess that life has been pretty busy! Sadly I have not found much time for sewing and have missed it so much. I didn't even find time to sew Christmas gifts this year :-( I did help teach a sewing class to girls ages 7-12 in our homeschool co-op during the fall and that went well! There were 20 girls in that class believe it or not!! I was able to show them some basic techniques along with a couple of cool ones - such as making a purse out of a placemat and an apron out of a dishtowel. They also made their own skirt!

Well, good news...I made it back to the sewing machine today. But, sadly, for most of you that probably read this it is not going to be that exciting for you. You see, I made training pants for my 2 (almost 3) year old daughter!

I found an idea on Pinterest (LOVE that site! Have found lots of sewing inspiration...just need the time to do it). The idea was to take your daughter's old diaper covers from her baby dresses and sew a cloth diaper inside to make homemade training pants! I discovered that her size 6-9 month diaper pants fit her if she is not wearing a diaper and had a bunch of that size! WHOO HOO!!

I really like the idea of the cloth training pants over the pull-ups because with the training pants she will actually feel when she is wet...unlike the pull ups that just fill like a diaper!

I got 5 of them sewed today. Hopefully I can get the rest finished this week. (I have enough to do 12...plus I have 3 training pants that I purchased giving her a total of 15.)

Here are some pics to share :-)







So, yes, I know, not very exciting, but it still felt good to be back at the sewing machine! I so wish I had more time to spend there...oh well! I am really hoping to find some time this spring and summer because that is my favorite time of year for making clothes! Spring and summer clothes are so much fun to make!! :-)

So hopefully it won't be another 6 months before you hear from me again.

Until next time,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...