Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Ruffle Shirt for Mommy!


I had so much fun with my ruffle shirt yesterday that I thought to try some more! :-)  (I have several shirts to refashion...I did one today).  Today I decided to try my own design :-)  I had in mind kind of what I wanted and just went from there, piecing it as I went.  I was very pleased with the results!

I started with a long sleeved white t-shirt that fits but has stains on it.  I was going to make it short sleeved but when I laid it out to see everything I noticed a hole in the shoulder seam. Oh well, I just made it a tank top instead :-)

To make the ruffles I had a white jersey knit pillowcase.  I have had it forever...don't really know where it came from because I don't have any matching sheets LOL but for some reason have just held it in my drawer.  I guess it was just waiting to be transformed into something fabulous!!  :-)

I made strips 4 inches in width and as long as the side of the pillowcase (don't know what that measurement was, sorry).  I marked lines on my shirt with my fabric chalk starting at the armpit area and then every 3 inches down.  I gathered my strips and and pinned them on the lines and then sewed them on.  I started at the bottom and sewed up.

Here is a picture of the middle of the process.  You can see a couple of rows sewn on the bottom and if you look really really close you can see the light blue lines on the shirt.


When I finished all the rows I knew I needed to do something to finish off the top.  I decided to make flowers to put across the top.

I used the instructions from this ruffle shirt post (her instruction for the corsage) and put a row of 6 flowers across the top of the top ruffle!

I was really pleased with the results.

Here I was trying to get a picture myself.


And then decided I needed help so I got my hubby to help.  I told him not to worry about my head because I would cut it out...he told me that my online friends need to see my face...oh well...here it is.  And look Alyssa saw a camera and had to get in the picture :-)

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely shirt!I especially love the rosettes!

    thanks for sharing and linking up at our crafty saturday party! can't wait to see what you have in store this week!

    http://tosewwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...