Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mine and Alyssa's new skirt

My poor little Alyssa was sick this week with pneumonia.  This meant we spent a lot of time at home!  She was very clingy most of the week and I wasn't able to get much done but towards the end of the week she was doing better and I decided to tackle a new sewing project!

I had a whole bunch of a beautiful light brown corduroy fabric that I needed to do something with.  I have been doing a lot of looking online lately for sewing ideas and sewing patterns and stuff and found some to work for this corduroy!

I was really happy with the results!  And I was super happy that Alyssa was doing well enough to go to church this morning so we could show off our new skirts!!

I got the idea for my skirt at this link and for Alyssa's skirt at this link.  I really really liked the flowers that were on the skirt at the link for Alyssa's skirt and thought they would be fun to put on both of our skirts!  (In fact that website has quite a few ideas that I want to try out!)  I also made Alyssa a matching hair bow!!

Here is some pictures of the finished project.

Alyssa's finished skirt:


Mine and Alyssa's finished skirt:

Alyssa's hair bow:

Alyssa and I ready for church in our new outfits!

Seth took this picture of Alyssa and I :-)  (Alyssa always has that expression when Seth has the camera LOL!!)

Alyssa modeling her new outfit!

so whatcha think?!?!?

7 comments:

  1. Your skirts turned out soo cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I LOVE THEM! Great details in the flower embellishments!! I bet you felt proud when you walked into church! Please add this to my linky party! I love it!
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirts are super cute! I love the brown courderoy and the flowers look really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable skirts. They are so my style - love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just featured this as a favorite! I'm hosting another linky party today! Please like up if you'd like! :)
    Jenny
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great mommy-baby outfit! they turned out great!

    Your project will be featured today!

    thanks for sharing and linking up at our crafty saturday party! can't wait to see what you have in store this week!

    http://tosewwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! They match, but yours doesn't look 'too young.' It's very flattering!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...