We finally had a day at home today and I was determined to get to the sewing machine!! I just finished a dress! WHOO HOO!! (and thinking about heading back to the sewing machine when I get this post done - LOL!)
Here is the finished picture of the dress - with a cute belt (this is another one of those dresses that looks so much better on me than the mannequin...I just don't have good camera skills!)
I kind of followed this tutorial. This was not a pillowcase though, it is a pretty embroidered linen-like fabric. But I figured it would still work using two rectangles of fabric and sew the shoulder seams as well...and other than hemming the bottom all other steps were pretty much the same.
I used my new dressmaker's curve ruler to make the curve for the neckline and armholes.
The neckhole ended up being too large and made the sides sit too much off of the shoulder so I added pleats at the midsection in the front and back. And I was really pleased with the finished look of the neckline. I don't know if you can see the pleats too well in the picture below...it does look really nice on though (better than it does on the mannequin).
The dress actually looks pretty good with or without the belt, but I like the added touch that the belt gives it.
Catch yall later!