Monday, March 28, 2011

I got to test a pattern!

If you actually read these posts on my blog you will notice on the right hand column a button for Seamingly Smitten!!  I absolutely love this blog!  Jenny always comes up with the cutest patterns for herself and her children! She is very friendly and always very complimentary!

Anyways - she has started marketing her own patterns.  She asked for pattern testers a few weeks ago and I was a bit bummed because I was going to be out of that town that week and would not be able to cooperate!  I was so very excited to see though this morning that she had another pattern that she was wanting testers for.  I jumped at the chance this time and got chosen to be a tester!!  WHOO HOO!!  I was so excited that I completed the pattern this afternoon - LOL!!  I thankfully had all the materials on hand and it was a very simple and fast pattern!  I completed the project from start to finish in 2 hours (and that was with the usual interruptions that happen when you have 3 kids in the house!)  I had not been feeling really well (probably exhausted from all the many travels that have been happening lately) but this really put a jump back in my step and helped me cheer up!  (maybe I was having sewing withdrawals - it has been 3 weeks since I have been able to sew because of everything going on!)

Anyways!  This was a super cute pattern and it worked perfectly for Alyssa!  Her size fit her perfect!

So here's the end result!!  What do you think!?!  (oh the fabric I chose was a seersucker with ladybugs and daisies.   The ruffle trim and the tie are a lightweight denim).






And my mom bought all the stuff for me to make Alyssa's princess dress for her 2nd birthday coming up!!!  I can't wait to see the end result.  I have in my head what I want to do!!  I hope it turns out as adorable as the picture in my mind! LOL!!  Of course I will share on here the end results!

I am also starting to think of what to do for Easter dresses!!!  I don't have long to get that done either!

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa is a doll! I'm so glad this sewing project gave you a little boost! I do believe in sewing withdrawals. My limit is 2 weeks...then I start to feel the creative itch! Thank, Kellie, this came out soooo cute and I hope Alyssa enjoys wearing it :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...