Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Refashion - Pink Jumper and Sweater


Ok - so I told you I had a LOT of refashion projects in the works!?!?  Well I completed one this weekend that Alyssa was able to show off at church yesterday!  :-)  I was very pleased with the results of this refashion!

Here are the originals:

1) This was a sweater of mine that went with a dress that I have.  I absolutely LOVE the dress but have never liked the sweater!  The arms are just too tight! So, I am going to be doing another sweater for my dress :-) and decided to size down this sweater for Alyssa.  Here is the before picture of the sweater.

I used a sweater of Alyssa's as a guide and cut down the bodice.  For the sleeves I took the sleeves of her sweater and measured them from the bottom of the sleeves of the pink sweater so that I could keep the bottom hem of the sleeves and not have to redo them.  I was able to keep the bottom hem of the front of the pink sweater since it had the cute curve and just altered the hem in the back.

Here is the finished sweater on the hanger.

2) The second part of this project was the jumper.  Here is a picture of the original items.  I used a pair of overall shorts that no longer fit in torso area. (One reason why refashions are working so well for Alyssa right now is because she is getting taller but not "wider". Her size 12 to 18 months still fit width-wise, they are just too short!).  The other item is a cute shirt that she wore with leggings on our cruise last summer.

(I went looking through my cruise pictures for a picture of her in this outfit.  I did not find a picture showing the full outfit, but I still wanted to share a picture...just to show how much she is has grown in less than a year!  This was last June!  :-(...excuse me while I cry for a minute)


Ok -back to the refashioning!  On the overalls I just cut them off right above the snaps.  I placed it on top of the pink top to figure out where it matched up on the width so I would know where to cut.  I then sewed the pink skirt to the bottom of the overalls and then serged my edges for a clean finish.

And you see the white and brown ribbon detail on the shirt in the above picture?  I cut those off and put them on the pocket of the overalls.  I then took one of the brown ruffled sleeve details and put it across the top pocket of the overalls.

Here is the after picture of the jumper!
And here is Alyssa modeling her outfit!!

We were out shopping yesterday afternoon and were having fun modeling cowboy hats!  This outfit looks very cute with a pink cowgirl hat!!

1 comment:

  1. That jumper dress is super cute! What a great way to extend clothing to the next season. And I relly like the onesie dresses. I've never done that, but you made it seem easy. 15 minutes! You're so crafty Kellie!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...