Thursday, April 28, 2011

My New Dress and Showing Off Alyssa's Easter Dress

Well I woke up this morning wanting to make a dress for myself!!  And I DID!!  It was so simple and so easy!  I may have to make some more of these for the summer!!

Here is the dress!
 It looks great with my ruffled shrug I made a few weeks ago!!

Basically I took a rectangular piece of fabric, just the full 45" width and the length was the length that I wanted the dress to be.  I sewed up the seam and then shirred the top!  I added straps and sewed the bottom hem!  The longest part of making this dress was the shirring!  But still, even with that it took about 2 1/2 hours, with MANY interruptions!  I probably could have done it in an hour if I didn't have interruptions!

I also wanted to show yall what Alyssa looked like in her Easter dress I made (remember this post?)

She loved it and was the prettiest little girl at church :-) (of course I am quite partial!)




 
Such the drama queen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...