Thursday, April 7, 2011

Alyssa's Petticoat

Isn't it adorable?!?!  It was so easy to put together too!  I had some nice rose colored soft stretch knit fabric. I used one of her other skirts to know how big to make it.  I cut out one long rectangle (by putting the skirt on the fold of the fabric and cutting out a rectangle the size of the skirt.  I then cut three pieces of lace.  Each piece was three times the width of the rectangle (so that I would have full ruffles - since this is a petticoat and fullness it what we are going for!).  I gathered up the lace and sewed it to the rectangle.  I then folded the rectangle (wrong side facing out and sewed the seam.  I then folded over the top of the rectangle to make a casing for my elastic, sewed it and then inserted my elastic!  I was done!!  How easy was that!!!

Now her outfit is complete!  It's my turn!!  :-)  Not doing too much.  I just have some lightweight stretch knit sweater material in almost the same color of the dress.  I am going to make a ruffled shrug to wear with my rose and ruffle shirt.  Of course I will post pictures when I finish!!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. That is really pretty! Love it! I've been telling myself I need to try a skirt with ruffles....one of these days I'll get around to trying it. Can't wait to see the ruffled shrug you have planned to make! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...