Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Forgotten Treasure Found

I was going through my stash of fabric this afternoon (which is several boxes I must admit, LOL) and I can't believe what I found!!  OMG!!

Back before kids, actually right before I found out I was pregnant the first time (with the baby we lost) Daniel and I went with some dear friends of ours on a valentine's getaway to a bed and breakfast.  My friend and I decided that we wanted to make pretty dresses for our valentine's dinner while we were out.  We were planning on finding a nice restaurant to go to.

Well when we got there we got an unexpected snow (we live in TX so really any snow is unexpected).  It was super cold and roads were not very good.  So we decided to just eat somewhere in the little town we were staying in and none of the restaurants they had were nice enough for us to wear our dresses (I guess we could have but we would have been way overdressed and besides, it was really cold!)

So I never got to wear that dress :-(  I found out the next week that I was pregnant, and even though I lost that baby I got pregnant very soon again after that and then had Seth...and then Aaron...and then Alyssa.  You know the story...no time to go out and, besides that, the dress no longer fit!

Anyways - I bored you with that story to get to this one :-)  When I was going through my fabric stash I FOUND THAT DRESS!!  I guess I had put it with my fabrics thinking I would never fit back into it!  Well, as a lot of you know I have lost quite a bit of weight!!  So I decided to try it on today and IT FIT!!!  Actually it was a bit too big :-)  But I did a couple of alterations on the side seams and now it fits really nice :-)

Here is the dress after the alterations (I found that photographing it outside did a better job of showing the true color of the dress!)

 Here is a close-up of the bodice showing the beautiful detail of this embroidered fabric.  I fell in love with the fabric as soon as I saw it.  (we went shopping in the Chinese district of Dallas through the many cool fabric shops to find our fabric).  I didn't get a close up of the bottom of the dress but it is the scalloped edge of the fabric.
 Here is the back!  It's obvious I had not mastered invisible zipper seams at that point - oh well.  At least the zipper is the same color as the dress, LOL!!

So I think I have changed my mind on the dress to wear for the rewards banquet in Las Vegas that I am attending with my hubby.  I think I am going to have to wear this dress instead!  :-)  Don't you agree??

Oh and here are some other fabrics I found today that I want to maybe play with before the Vegas trip.  The blue fabric with stars is a stretchy knit!  I have a couple of ideas of what to do with it, just have to make a decision.  I guess I will be doing some playing with the dress form tomorrow! :-)

2 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. I glad you found it and can enjoy it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely dress! I'm looking forward to what you create with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...