Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Valentine's Dress

Welcome to the first official post of my new sewing blog!  As you can see I have imported all the sewing posts from our family blog.  I decided I wanted a sewing blog - a blog that is everything about sewing!  All the posts will be sewing related.  All buttons on the right column are sewing related.  The blog roll on this blog is a list of sewing related blogs that I follow!  I feel like I can have a lot of fun with a sewing blog and I am so excited about it!!

Ok - enough about that!  Now on to my valentine's dress that I just completed!!  WHOO HOO!!


For the skirt I used this tutorial that I found for a waistband bow skirt!  I used that tutorial for the waistband that had attached ties.  But instead of following the tutorial for the skirt I decided to do a circle skirt.  I really liked the results!

Here is the front of the skirt...
 Here is the back of the skirt - showing the tie.

For the top I used this picture that I found online for my inspiration.

Picture of Kerrys Closet Bow Accent Chiffon Blouse 1022997452 (Kerrys Closet Apparel, Womens Blouses, South Korea Apparel, South Korea Blouses)
I loved the bows at the neckline! I decided for my shirt to make a peasant style top (with the elastic neckline) and then just attach the bows.  I decided to keep the sleeves loose instead of putting elastic at the edge of them (that is on most typical peasant tops).  I was really pleased with the results and thought my bows turned out looking a lot like the bows in the picture!!

Here is one final view of the entire outfit!!

3 comments:

  1. I think your dress came out beautiful and your top looks even better than the inspiration piece (I like your color selection better).

    Hope you have plans to wear it someplace on V-day to show off, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bows!(I may have to steal your idea, lol)I'm following you now, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit! thanks a lot for linking up your fab tutorial! can't wait to see what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...