Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alyssa's Valentine's Dress!!

 I DID IT!!!  I can't believe I did it!!  I made my first dress without a pattern, without a tutorial to follow!!!  Of course it didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked....but I am just learning and I am just glad that in the end, after many trials and errors, and much work with a seam ripper, that I successfully completed it and it is wearable - LOL!!!  :-)

I just looked through several pictures of dresses online that I liked and sat at my table with several different fabrics and figured out what I wanted to do!  (side note:  the red polka dot material, all of the material on the bodice of the dress, and the heart material were actually cotton tea towels that were on the $1 aisle at Target!!!  I had seen a post of a lady making skirts out of them and originally was going to do that but decided to use them in this dress instead!)

The dress actually looks better on Alyssa than on the hanger - so here she is modeling the dress.  Unfortunately she wasn't in much of a modeling mood this morning.  Oh well!  (she's eating her cereal in this picture)
 Here is the back of the dress.  It has an elastic kind of shirr take off in the middle.  I want so bad to take a stab at shirring but my wal-mart is out of the elastic thread.  I have looked several times.  I just haven't had a chance to make it to another store to find it.  So I just used elastic for this.  It worked, thankfully!
 And see those pretty red sparkly shoes??  Her granny bought those for her this past weekend and she loves them!!!  (Even though they are still a bit too big)
Yay!  I am glad I got it done!  Even though it didn't come out as good as I had envisioned...I think it still turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Darling! Congrats on making your first dress w/o a pattern! It turned out so cute and looks adorable on her! Love the shoes too - perfect touch! :)

    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...